Some people like to share any new music they find with the entire world, announcing their discovery on all their social media. Others prefer to proceed information technology to themselves. Spotify respects user privacy and provides yous with the choice of making your playlists public or individual. Withal, yous may need to brand this determination for each playlist, depending on your preference.
In this guide, we’ll explicate how to brand your Spotify playlists private in the Spotify mobile and desktop apps. Additionally, nosotros’ll answer some of the nearly mutual questions related to the topic. Read on to find out how to update this privacy setting in Spotify.
How to Make a Private Spotify Playlist From an iPhone
Follow the instructions beneath to make your Spotify playlist private in the iPhone app:
- Launch the Spotify app and log in to your account if you haven’t washed so already.
- Tap “Your Library” at the lesser of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Playlists” tab and open the playlist you wish to brand individual.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- Hit “Brand Private.”
How to Make a Private Spotify Playlist From an Android Device
To brand a Spotify playlist individual on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app and log in to your profile.
- Navigate to the “Your Library” tab at the lesser.
- Tap “Playlists” to view your playlists and select which 1 to make private.
- Press the 3 dots at the top-right of your screen.
- Select “Make Private.”
How to Brand a Individual Spotify Playlist From a PC
You tin make a Spotify playlist private, non just with the Spotify mobile app only besides with the desktop app. Hither’southward how to exercise that:
- Caput to the Spotify desktop app and log in to your account.
- Select the playlist you’d similar to make private from the left sidebar. You can view all your playlists under the “Playlists” section.
- Click the profile icon to the upper-correct corner.
- Click “Private Session” to make the playlist private.
How to Make a Private Spotify Playlist From an iPad
You can make a Spotify playlist individual on an iPad via the mobile app. Follow the steps beneath:
- Launch Spotify.
- Log in to your account if you’re not already logged in.
- At the bottom of your screen, striking “Your Library.”
- Select “Playlists.”
- Open the playlist you lot want to make private.
- In the top-correct, hitting the 3 dots.
- Tap “Make Individual.”
Read this department to find out more well-nigh playlist privacy settings on Spotify.
Why Can’t I See the “Make Individual” Selection When Attempting to Make a Playlist Private?
Sometimes, you may meet the “Make Public” option when attempting to make a playlist private on Spotify. That means that the playlist is already private, and you can merely cull to make it public again.
What Does a Private Playlist Mean on Spotify?
Private playlists don’t show up to other users on your Spotify profile. Making a playlist private will brand no deviation in how yous see your playlists. Yet, if yous share a private playlist on social media or in a directly message, the recipients volition be able to run into, play, and share it. Furthermore, if your individual playlist already has followers, they tin yet display information technology on their profiles.
Can I Make a Collaborative Playlist Private?
Yes, you can make any Spotify playlist private, even if information technology’s collaborative. If yous do this, the playlist won’t brandish on your Spotify profile to other users. Notwithstanding, note that the playlist will yet be visible on another user’s profile, and they will withal exist able to edit it.
Can Other Users See Which Playlists I’ve Played on Spotify?
Past default, all Spotify users can view your public playlists and your recently-played playlists. Y’all tin can hibernate your recently-played music past turning on a Private Session. The playlist creator won’t exist notified if yous listen to their playlist unless you follow it.
How Exercise I Turn On a Private Session on Spotify?
By default, Spotify shares your recently played music with your followers or whatever other user visiting your profile. Still, not all users agree to share their personal preferences with others. If you’d like to keep this information surreptitious, a Individual Session can assist. It lasts for six hours, during which any of your Spotify activities remain subconscious from other users. Follow the steps below to plough on the Individual Session on a mobile device:
ane. Launch the Spotify app.
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access Settings.
three. Scroll down to the “Social” section.
4. Shift the toggle next to “Individual Session.” If it’s green, the Private Session is on.
On the Spotify desktop app, the instructions are slightly dissimilar:
i. Open the Spotify desktop app.
ii. Click the downwards pointer icon in the top-correct corner of your screen.
3. Click “Private Session.”
Bear in listen that the music you listen to in the Individual Session will not influence your music recommendations, such every bit Discover Weekly or end-of-the-year personal recommendations. The session ends automatically when you lot restart the Spotify app or if yous’re inactive for over six hours.
How Do I Make the Playlists I Create on Spotify Private Automatically?
Switching each playlist you create on Spotify to private manually can be cumbersome, so you may be wondering how to do this automatically. We’ve got good news: by default, none of your newly-created Spotify playlists show upward on your contour; they are all private. However, y’all tin change this setting via the Spotify desktop app. Follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Spotify desktop app and log in to your account.
two. Click the downward arrow icon in the top-right of the screen to access the dropdown menu.
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Gyre downward to the “Social” section.
5. Shift the toggle push button next to “Make my new playlists public.” If the toggle is green, your new playlists will be made public automatically. If it’s greyness, they will exist private.
You can’t manage this setting via the Spotify mobile app, just the changes you make in the Spotify desktop app utilize to all your devices.
Keep Your Music Private
Hopefully, our guide has helped y’all tailor your Spotify privacy settings to your preference. Remember that even if your Spotify playlist isn’t displayed on your profile, other users tin observe information technology if y’all share it or if the playlist has followers. To go along your music preferences truly private, consider creating a new private playlist that volition have no followers and never share music from it.
What are your favorite public Spotify playlists? Share your top picks in the comments section below.